2016 saw the much anticipated launch of the APMG Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Certification Program.
Responding to the need to enhance knowledge around PPPs and in the absence of a global certification program on PPPs - the Certification Program is an innovation and a collaboration between the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) and the World Bank Group (WBG). The program is part funded by the Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF).
This is the first time the Multilateral Development Banks have come together to support a global curriculum on PPPs, which is accessible to anyone with an internet connection.
The ultimate aims of the program are to develop the capability of individuals responsible for the management of PPPs, supporting them to meet infrastructure demands and stimulate economic development, which are key to the UN’s vision of ending extreme poverty.
I’d like to share some of the highlights of the program to date:
- Launched in June 2016, the PPP Certification Program Guide, comprising PPP best practices from around the world was authored by a team of 12 PPP practitioners with extensive regional and sectoral knowledge and reviewed by over 80 PPP experts. Designed for the PPP community, both existing professionals and individuals interested in developing their knowledge of the sector. Over 60,000 people have downloaded the free online publication
- Sitting alongside the guide is our free online training course, designed to take students through the full CP3P Foundation syllabus. This course provides a valuable opportunity for candidates to test and build their knowledge of managing and delivering PPPs globally. Over 250 people taken the Foundation online training
- Six Accredited Training Organisations and one Affiliated Partner are now approved to provide both online and classroom training and consultancy services in support of the PPP Certification Program. These organisations are spread around the world and more are in the process of accreditation from many more countries including Brazil, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Singapore, South Africa and the USA.
- Over 700 learners have exam vouchers and are preparing to take the Foundation exam with candidates from 31 countries now certified at Foundation level. Full details about the exam are available here
- We are very pleased with having successfully raised awareness of the Program by attending and speaking at PPP events around the world including the United States, Brazil, Melbourne, South Korea, Canada, London and Frankfurt.
- Interest in the Program has a truly global reach with frequent visitors to the website from as far afield as India, Australia, Japan, Nigeria and the Philippines. Visit https://ppp-certification.com and get involved in the global PPP community.