It is good practice to complete a report containing at least the following sections before entering the full appraisal process and, specifically, before committing staff and/or hiring advisors.
1. Executive summary and recommendations;
2. Project description: Outline of technical solution;
3. Needs/benefits of the project and suitability of the solution proposed;
4. PPP suitability: Justification for the use of a PPP process;
5. Affordability: Economic and financial pre-analysis;
6. Legal and regulatory issues;
7. Readiness of the project and its status, including stakeholder identification;
8. Information availability; and
9. Outline of the project management plan.
Appendix A to this chapter sets out an example of an outline for a screening report.