There are three possible outcomes of the project analysis in this phase: move on to the next stage (the project appears to be economically sound and is a suitable PPP candidate); it is not suitable to be a PPP; or since some relevant information is missing, or there is a need to clarify some constraints or dependencies, further analysis should be undertaken.
The key outputs from the process are:
- Outline of technical solution;
- Economic and financial pre-analysis (which might be a full analysis depending on the available information, so as to include the decision to invest);
- Screening report or justification of PPP choice;
- Outline of project management plan (work program; and
- schedule for the pre-tender work, team structure, stakeholder identification, and other project governance strategy matters).